Sunday, August 2, 2009

work

ok.. this is really disgusting. . . and i post it with much apprehension.
i miss work... thats right.
dont get me wrong... im getting in plenty of "work" at home. not to mention "work" of the same subject matter as real work...
i miss my work friends. and the social aspect of work. i work with the funniest, most wonderful people.. and i mainly just miss hanging out...
i do find it interesting that on maternity leave for 12 weeks.. i find myself thinking about/doing work related things with Asher.
1. i still hear the alarms and pumps going off in my head. does that EVER leave?
2.i secretly feel the need to get in at least ONE rectal temp a day..
3.i estimate his respiratory rate when he is asleep
4.i look at the clock and think to myself.. ... ... o time for 0400 vitals
5.when he wont breast feed. i feed him with a slow flow out of a gradufeeder
6.i have made him a nest out of receiving blankets in his bassinet so he is comfy
7.we use strictly soothie binks.. at least in the real world they come in blue too.
8.i wish i had baza or critic aid .. not desitin
9.he is on a 3,6,9 feeding schedule. just like every feeder on IMSU
10.i examine his diapers. and am estimating what they weigh..:)

i love maternity leave. but last night i was thinking about how similar maternity leave is.. to work..good thing i love my job..

ps. unrelated. percocet makes me itch like i have just been bit by a family of bugs. but lortab makes me nauseous.

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Kim! Asher is so adorable!! He is such a beautiful baby!! I'm so happy for you! Your going to be such an amazing mom!! It goes by way too fast! :(

Kess said...

um... i'm actually really sick of work... so if you want to trade for a shift let me know ;)

Witter and Kway said...

Ha, ha. I don't have a kid, but I feel the same way when I am around newborns-one years. Man, I miss hanging out with you guys!

Tania said...

I love it! I totally estimate my kids diapers too! :) We miss you at work too. I can't wait to see your little man!