Monday, November 17, 2008

swim

I know its been called a flop. but I think people are crazy..
JACK'S MANNEQUIN ... The glass passenger.. is very enjoyable to listen to.
especially on a bad night. like tonight. people dont know how much it hurts to be lied to.
by someone you really loved. and to be portrayed as something you are not!! tonight my heart is heavey and I feel about as low as possible. my faith in humanity and my belief that everyone is generally honest and good... has been dwindled away.. to something almost totally lost.. my self confidence and peace is unrecognizable at this point.

"Swim"
You gotta swim
Swim for your life
Swim for the music
That saves you
When you're not so sure you'll survive.....You gotta swim
Swim when it hurts
The whole world is watching
You haven't come this far....To fall off the earth
The currents will pull you
Away from your love...Just keep your head above
I found a tidal wave
Begging to tear down the door
Memories like bullets......They fired at me from a gun
Cracking me open yeah
I swim to brighter days.....Despite the absense of sun
Choking on salt water...I'm not giving in...I swim
You gotta swim.....For nights that wont end
Swim for your families....Your lovers.. your sisters..And brothers.. your friends
Yeah you gotta swim....For wars without cause
Swim for the lost politicians...Who don't see their greed is a flaw
The currents will pull us.....Away from our love
Just keep your head above
I found a tidal wave
Begging to tear down the door
Memories like bullets
They fired at me from a gun...Cracking me open now..I swim to brighter days
Despite the absense of sun.....Choking on salt waterI'm not giving in
Don't let yourself sink
Just follow the horizon
I promise you it's not as far as you think
The currents will drag us away from our love
Just keep your head above

1 comment:

Kim said...

Kim, I am sorry for whatever happened, but I love this song/poem. You are sooo sweet and I think about you guys EVERY day. Luke is doing great, he is eating like crazy and getting stronger and stronger, almost crawling. I can't believe it, and he is here because of you and all of your wonderful coworkers. thankyouthankyouthankyou. :)