Saturday, February 14, 2009

V day..


well.... hey....
my day was ......... a wreck! literally.
As i woke up late to go to Ange's bridal shower.. i spent about 20 minutes throwing up. Morning sickness.. you silly friend. I think you are going to leave.. but no!! you stick around for the second trimester. What would life be like .... with out you. With out dreading eating..

I leave my house.. stressed and running late.. Did NOT even make it out of the neighborhood. A teenage girl.. who should NOT have been driving in the Valentine's day blizzard. T- Bones my car.. on the driver side. I was waiting to turn.. and she slammed right into me. I hit my head a few times, was jossled around in the car.. and was scared to death! we called 911 and the nicest cop came. He was so kind and so concerned for me. The good old Layton City Ambulance came and checked me out. Said I should go to the hospital to have the baby checked...

My car.. another story. totally wrecked. I was able to drive it to my house which mind you was only about 10 seconds away.. so that i did not have to get charged a tow fee.
Went to the hospital and had an ultrasound. Baby's heart was ticking away and he/she was jumping around like i have never seen before! .... totally oblivious to the trauma that its vessel had dealt with! What a responsibility...... that a person is living inside of my stomach that needs protecting! But it was fine.. I guess that added cushioning i have been complaining of for years really did its job today protecting "little".

So.... My Valentines day was a bust. O well... At least me and "little" are ok. And if I learned anything....... make sure you put your seat belt on the second you start your car. dont wait untill you start driving. and hey.... I did get a really beautiful blue bracelet.. ya... he went to jared!

3 comments:

Whit,Tiff and B said...

I hear that most accidents happen with in five miles of your home. Most of mine have. Good thing you were wearing your seat belt. That's quite the scare! You're really lucky the only damage was to your car. I'm happy you and your baby are safe!

Jamie said...

I'm glad you two are okay! Bummer V-day though.

ariel said...

holy crap! what a crappy valentines day! glad you're ok though.