Saturday, March 14, 2009

name

Whats in a name... EVERYTHING! Choosing a name is the most stressful part! It is something he will go by his entire life. What his wife will call him....... what his teachers will call out during roll.......
I feel overwhelmed with this responsibility. I have a name.. some of you know it. But now my mom is saying she does not like it... and it got me really stressed that people are just not being truthful when I ask them what they think.

When thinking of names.. one must imagine meeting an old man with this name.. "this is my grandfather Ryker Long".. (only an example.. not a name I am considering)um..... no.... trendy and cute for today.. but in 60 years.. NO! Ugh... it is stressful. Naming a person.

5 comments:

ariel said...

speaking of the name ryker... do you remember ryker healy that used to be in our ward? and everyone thinking that name was so weird? and now i hear it EVERYWHERE. those healys were so ahead of their time.

Whit,Tiff and B said...

I couldn't agree more! I won't even think of names until we know what we are having and then we aren't even sure if we will even tell everyone before it is born because i really don't know if I want people to tell me what they really think!!!

Jamie said...

The name you choose is excellent! Tell Grandma Long, Jamie says it's a strong name and sounds like he should be famous :)

Kess said...

I like the name you have told me too ! I like that its different, but sounds like a good strong name ;)

Morgan said...

I really like the name too I haven't heard it but I don't live in the trendiest of places ;)