I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestioned ability of a man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.
-Henry David Thoreau
-Henry David Thoreau
Life is taking me to strange places. i feel blessed, punished, lonely, happy, prepared, unprepared, destroyed and completely revived all at the same time. it may not make sense to some...... but my life has never been the "norm". i have done more/less than some 24 year olds. i have hurt more/less than some others. i have always felt different. . . which i am grateful/disturbed by. i am in a place where i am picking up the pieces and reshaping them into a new person.. a mother.
Yesterday i was talking with a friend... discouraged about my "situation" i told her bluntly that i hoped i could be a mother AND a father to Asher. .. that i hate bringing him into a "broken" family? She said.................. it is NOT broken. . . its just beginning.. He knew what he wanted.. because he chose to come to YOU!! ! I will love her forever for saying this. i had thought it lots of times.. but for some reason i listened to her more then myself. i love my sweet little boy. our lives will soon begin together and all of my attention will be turned to HIS happiness.
2 comments:
I agree with your friend very much so. I know you are going to do great. A friend of mine had a similar situation about 6 years ago she was 21 and had a baby and once she was pregnant the father disappeared. We call him a sperm donor. But it has made her such a strong person and there will be hard times but they will make the best times so much better! And if you ever need a place to escape we are in park city and the door is always open! And if people start judging you laugh at them because it is not their place and they have no clue what it is you are going through. You'll do great keep your head up high. (PS if anyone gives you crap please tell me I do need some boxing practice it's been awhile and I think I'm getting rusty a little practice would help)
I agree...your family is not broken. Asher is really lucky. He'll knows what true love is. He'll know what unconditional love is. He'll know strength, devotion, knowledge and he'll know it all from you. He has you and you will be an amazing mom! People find their own faults and insecurities in other people and amplify them. A husband or a dad does not equate to happiness. I have a cousin who has a similar situation of being a single mom {the dad asked to not have any ties to the baby and doesnt want the baby to have his last name or anything} the baby is two years old and they are perfect. You and Asher will be perfect. I think I rambled...anyway! I just wanted to say I think you will be an amazing mom and Asher is lucky to have you!!
Post a Comment