Tuesday, December 16, 2008

owen


could i love you more? is it possible. ? music is my sanity, my solid, my emotional center. this week... im in love with Owen. I always resort to him when things are hard in life. but its sounding particularly beautiful the last few days. he is so easy to go back to. if you haven't listened to him ever.. do so here.. and prepare yourself:) old or new. it is wonderful! Look up his lyrics here

My favorite song.. hands down.. 
The Sad Waltz of Peietro Crespi

could you love someone enough
after all you've had and you've lost?
it's a simple question
I'm only asking 'cause I don't want to die alone

could you love someone completely?
and yes, by "someone" I mean me
spoiled sick like milk you let sit too long
it's a simple question
as I lie awake waiting for you to lay beside me
I can almost hear the sad waltzes of Pietro Crespi

could you love someone who does whatever he wants to do
whenever I want to?
it's a simple question
I'm only asking 'cause I don't want to die alone

background:
from the spanish novel One Hundred Years of Solitude 

Pietro Crespi

Pietro is a very handsome and polite Italian musician who runs a music school and installs the pianola in the Buendía house. He becomes engaged to Rebeca, but Amaranta, who also loves him, manages to delay the wedding for years. When José Arcadio claims Rebeca for his own wife and she accepts, Pietro begins to woo Amaranta, who is so embittered that she cruelly rejects him. Despondent over the loss of both sisters, he kills himself.


No comments: