Monday, March 9, 2009

brain

To my work friends:
I love you all and this little story is for you girls!!

As we have all heard... my car was totaled by a dumb teen driver on Valentines day. So...... my mom has let me use her car until I find a new one....
This morning... my 12 hour night shift is over. Hours of alarms and suctioning and feeding and so forth............. hours of gagging trying to keep my food down... and hours of imagining myself cuddled up in my wonderful bed.....
I walk out to my car (mom's car) in the parking garage. We all know the delerious state that takes place after a night shift.. I walked around fairly aimlessly...
I know I parked on the 3rd floor. I always do.. O... there you are... I opened the door (unlocked) and sat down to finish my morning chocolate milk before the drive home. . . hmmmmmmm... it smells funny in here. I dont remember having that pack of gum sitting in the passenger seat... weird. O my gosh... sick.. this is not my car... this is someone elses car. . . . I felt like a complete idiot.. I got out.. and pretended to know what I was doing.. then.. when everyone else had cleared my view... I began searching again.. for my actual car.
O night shifts. the things you do to us.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, my gosh! You already have momnesia!!!

Laura said...

Thanks for making my day with that story! I totally know how you feel!

ariel said...

i am always scared of doing that when i am in a parking lot at night. my night vision= not so good.