Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Spy



here he is............................................................................


My sweet Asher Liam Long
Born 7/24/09 @ 7:07am.. via c-section (frank breech. dr said NO WAY I would have ever delivered that boy)

6lbs 5 oz 18 inches


chubby cheeks
red/blonde hair... and lots of it
a family that adores him
a mommy that cries every time she looks at him
a "spy eye".. (one eye..that keeps track of EVERYONE. looks like he is winking. but no... he is just a spy
the most adorable cry.. quiet..
a total talker.. when he is eating, and when he is getting his diaper changed
poops every single time he eats
a wonderful Priesthood blessing given by strangers
loves his grandma.
loves his aunts.
loves his grandpa.
loves his mommy.
he could not be in a family that loves him more than my family does.
48hours in the NICU for low glucose. (thanks to mommy's gestational diabetes)
a 4 day hospital stay with mom and grandma
wonderful hospital experience. great nurses, great drs
successful circ :) ha ha
passed car seat trial
passed hearing screen
Nicu graduate
he is so sweet. so patient, so loved. it blows my mind to see how loved he is by my family. and it is amazing to me that he is actually here. honestly i did not know it was humanly possible to love something so much. i cant think of anything else, i respond to his every squeal, i cried when he got circ'd.. i have a hard time watching strangers touch him in the hospital. i wanted to be the only one to feed him even when he was in the NICU i got up every three hours,,,,,, me and my iv pole, foley cath, and epidural pca pain pump would trek over there.. my heart skips a beat when i hear him waking up.. i get so excited to hold him.. and im scared i will leave marks with how many kisses i give him:) i love him more than life itself. i would do anything for him and his happiness. he is an amazing little spirit and i feel that to say i love him is an understatement.

beautiful face. beautiful skin. beautiful hands and feet and ears and eyes.
he is perfection. i am in love. i am so overwhelmed with these feelings. i feel so protective. i feel so blessed. i feel so happy. i feel so scared. i feel so so so so thankful for a good family, a happy healthy baby, my Heavenly Father, his dad promising to never bother us.. im trusting him on this..., modern medicine, my milk finally coming in, my mom, my sisters, my dad, my friends, my son!

15 comments:

Jessica said...

Isn't it amazing how these little spirits can take your heart so fast. Being a mom is such a beautiful gift. Kim you are a good mommy. Asher is so lucky to have a moma who would do anything under the sun for him. I hope things are going wonderful at home. Thank you for posting this! It makes me remember the feelings I had when my kiddos were born. Now I have to go squeeze them!

Jamie said...

I need to come see the little guy and mom!! Text me as soon as a good time comes up!

Dream come true said...

I have been waiting for your post. You will be a great Mommy!

Witter and Kway said...

Yay!! Congratulations. He is soooo adorable!

Keni LeBlanc Layton said...

Congrat Kim! He is absolutely adorable. And you were right about him being an identical clone. My goodness, he's cute! Best Wishes! Thanks for this post!

Laura said...

Oh my Kim! He is so adorable! Congratulations, I am so excited for you and glad that all is well. I can already tell you are an amazing mother and that now you know... there is nothing better!! He will make your life nothing but good, and I can see, you'll enjoy every second!

ClaysJenna said...

Beautiful post! He is darling and you look beautiful and I can't wait for more pictures. What a blessed baby you have! Sounds like a wonderful life start and only will get better! Good luck! let me know if I can do anything for you!

Sami Bushnell said...

Oh my gosh Kim, little Asher is sooo cute! It is so fun to finally see the guy! congratulations!

Morgan said...

kim he is so so presh i love him ;) i can't wait to see him and hold him again!

CHAR said...

Oh congratulations Kim! He is so cute and he is so lucky to have you as his mom. I can tell you are going to love him SO much. Thanks for inviting me to read your blog.

* said...

Congrats girly!! I already told you on fb, but I seriously love his chubby little cheeks. He is so cute. can't wait to see more pics of him!!

ariel said...

i need to see him! can i come this weekend?

Whit,Tiff and B said...

I loved holding him! I want to come and see him again this weekend. I have a couple weeks off of work so if you need an extra hand or someone to hold Asher I'm totally there.

Kess said...

So glad I got to meet him last night !! He is amazing Kim !

Giff and Shirelle said...

That's MY birthday too! It's an AWESOME bday in Utah...fireworks every year and most people get the day off work too to celebrate!! ;)
S