Wednesday, October 21, 2009

great

its been a rough week so far. and its only Wednesday:) working this week went surprisingly better than i thought it would. i am really trying to count my blessings and have been trying to think of several things each day that i am thankful for.
  • a healthy, fat, happy, smiley, cuddly, baby boy...
  • getting to see my work friends :) i may be a huge cheese ball but i really feel like i work with the most wonderful, hilarious, smart, women in Utah. its nice on 12 hour shifts to feel like everyone you work with is your friend.
  • random texts from Ariel and Kess and Ange and Alicia during my work day. i heart them
  • a mom. particularly MY mom and my dad. 3 work days down. . and every night i came home to a happy, safe baby; my bed made; my laundry done; and my dad making me dinner!!!! what is better?!
  • a beautiful blanket and blessing out fit that my ex-mom in law got Asher.
  • "vintage" Anberlin.. i have enjoyed it every morning and night on my commute.. (ps... when i left for work-dark... when i left for home-dark)
  • Alicia's words of wisdom. she always has a way of telling me things i need to hear, motivating me to stand up for myself, allowing me to believe that i deserve good things, and letting me vent my feelings:) some of the things she says i really have to save, so i can re-read them and remind myself. i love u mommy alicia
  • my healthy baby that has gotten so big that he cant really sleep in his bassinet anymore. he pushes off the bottom of it with his feet in the middle of the night and shakes the whole thing! im glad he is getting so fat.
  • Alligator... she makes me laugh every day. she is almost a yr old, a big dog, but the BIGGEST pansy i have ever seen! she is scared of/runs away from: the blow dryer, leafs, kids on bikes, the Halloween decorations especially ones made of wicker, the stroller, the vacuum, the lawn mower, a blade of grass, feathers, and the folding of towels. she is so funny!! she thinks she is a 4 pound lap dog who MUST have your attention at all times.
  • $50.00 check for participating in a pregnancy survey
  • a wonderful email from Britney Probst
  • spending the lst 2 hours of my shift yesterday talking to a mom of my patients. (twins.. her 2nd set in 3 years).. she was hilarious.. and amazing.. and made my day!!
  • the "mom" club. comparing your babies size, sleeping habits, eating habits, and appearance with complete strangers:
  • the cold weather.. i love it. love it. love it.
  • and.. i will end with ... a hilarious episode of the Soup.. that kept me laughing all night last night:)_ Joel.. i owe you my sanity.

7 comments:

ariel said...

love the nakey picture of his belly.

loved the soup. loved the crying montage from sytycd. AND how no one knew who jackie o was on the amazing race. we watch that. it's good :)

ariel said...

p.s. i love watching tv during the week and thinking "that is so going to be on the soup this week".

Alicia said...

Oh Kimberly, you are so sweet. I just wish we could all see how good we are. You are such a good mommy, I really hope I take care of and love my baby boy as sweetly as you do. Thanks for talking with me, I love regular contact with my Kimmy. You are strong, hello! you're working full time and taking such good care of a baby by yourself (with mom and dad's help) but you know what I mean. It just doesn't get any stronger than that. So next time I complain about being sick pregnant and having to work, I will just remind myself of how awesome you did and are doing with all this baby momma stuff. and p.s. Jonny and I don't want pets but sometimes your pet stories make me a little sad about that. Love you! and you're pretty

Kess said...

I love you Kimmy !! Glad your first week back went good !! Asher is a lucky baby to have such a good mommy !

Witter and Kway said...

holy cow! Asher is huge!! I can't believe how big he is. I really miss working with you girls on IMSU. Did I read somewhere that you were thinking about coming up to Mckay???

Jamie said...

1) I've been thinking about you all week! I couldn't wait til you posted!! I'm glad you're making it through and now you can relax for a few days before you have to start again

2) Ariel I totally do that too. Like that high pitched crying voice girl on sytycd. She'll totally be on the soup :) Well she should be

3) Kim when Joel (I can't remember his name) kissed Britta on Community did you feel like he was cheating on us :) I felt a little awkward (he can't be kissing people)!!

Morgan said...

whoa whoa whoa! i have some serious catching up to do on your blog sorry girl i thought it would show up on my follower thingy...but it totally didn't. I am glad that work is going good that is so nice to have such good work friends and an awesome job! I miss you can we play soon please!